Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Buttery pecans are always a favorite! Enjoy this creamy treat!Print Pin Rate
Ice Cream Base
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese I prefer Daisy
- 3 egg yolks optional
- 1 TBL vegetable glycerin
- 1/2 tsp pure Mexican Vanilla
- 2 tsp THM pecan natural burst extract
- 1 tsp THM butter natural burst extract
- 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1/2 cup Gentle Sweet with Xylitol, will keep your ice cream scoopable from the freezer
- 1/8 tsp mineral salt
- 1 TBL salted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp THM gluccie
- 1 1/2 TBL salted butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp gentle sweet
- FIRST Blend everything EXCEPT the melted butter and the gluccie, in the blender for 30 seconds. (I use a Vitamix)
- While blender is running on lowest setting add your melted butter and gluccie. Mix for another 30 seconds.
- Turn your counter top ice cream maker on and pour mixture in to it.
- Spin 20-25 minutes in counter top ice cream maker.
- While the ice cream is churning, toast your pecans in a skillet with the butter.
- Roast a few minutes until toasted,
- Sprinkle with the sweetener.
- Remove from skillet to parchment paper to cool. Refrigerate.
Mixing the ice cream with the pecans.
- When the ice cream is finished spinning transfer the ice cream to a 9x13 container.
- Sprinkle the COOLED pecans over the ice cream, and mix together. See video below.
- You may need to set in the freezer a bit to set up. Or serve immediately.
Storage of your ice cream
- Portion into 5.5 oz portion cups for easy grab and go, or store in a shallow container for easy thawing. But if you use THM Gentle Sweet with Xylitol it will stay soft in the freezer.
If using a different brand of extract you may need to adjust the amounts. THM extracts are strong. On the THM Plan this recipe is a THM S. I prefer the Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker. Click on any of the ingredients above in the recipe to shop with my affiliate links. To see all my recommended items click HERE If you use THM Gentle Sweet with Xylitol it will stay soft and scoopable from the freezer. Don't know which ice cream maker to purchase? You can view my video of my Ice Cream Maker Review HERE!