Typically we have this for breakfast. Need an easy way to get veggies in at breakfast? For breakfast we eat this w added scrambled eggs. Tastes like sausage and hash browns! For dinner, add cabbage or a side of green beans.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pound ground salt and pepper sausage check for no extra ingredients
- 1 bag frozen Caulirice 14-16 oz
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 eggs scrambled
- In a skillet brown the sausage. If it has excessive grease, drain.
- I then remove the sausage from the skillet onto a plate covered with a paper towel to help with draining the grease.
- Add 1 bag of frozen caulirice to the skillet.
- Dump on the THM nutritional yeast. At least 1/4 cup. Maybe more. I don’t measure. Just cover it up!
- Push the caulirice to the side of the skillet. Add the eggs and scramble.
- Season the eggs with more nutritional yeast or salt and pepper. My sausage is flavored with salt and pepper so I don't need the extra.
- After the eggs are cooked add the sausage back in.
Caulirice skillet for dinner
- Skip the eggs, saute some cabbage, or add a side of green beans. Definitely add more nutritional yeast!
Easy food prep tip: Brown the sausage in advance. I often have the caulirice prepped too and then I just add scrambled eggs when I'm ready to make breakfast. On the THM plan this is a Deep S meal. (Pure Fats)