My Farmer's Favorite! He loves enchiladas. This is a good recipe to make to use up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey too.Check out the video below to see step by step instructions!Print Pin Rate
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP butter
- 2 cloves garlic chopped (fresh is SO much better in this recipe)
- 2 cups shredded chicken or leftover cooked turkey
- 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 10 oz can rotel or Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies drained (mild or original)
- 8 8 inch low carb tortillas (I use ole)
- 8 oz block of cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Cilantro for garnish optional
- In a skillet, add the butter, and the sliced onion. Sauté over medium/low heat for 15 minutes stirring often until light brown in color. After the onions are light brown, add the chopped garlic to the onions and continue stirring the mixture for 2 minutes, to keep the garlic from burning. Add the cooked shredded chicken, rotel, and cream cheese to the pan with the onions. Continue cooking over medium low heat, stirring constantly until combined.
- Divide the filling into 8 portions, sprinkle with shredded cheddar and wrap inside the tortillas. Put the tortillas side by side in a sprayed 9 x 13 pan. It will be a tight fit. Sprinkle the top with a lil more shredded cheddar and pour the cream over the top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let the enchiladas rest for 5 minutes before serving. Top with cilantro and enjoy!
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with salsa, and guacamole.
This is a Trim Healthy Mama S Meal. If you have leftover turkey at Thanksgiving, we love turkey enchiladas!