Chicken Tortilla Soup
This is an easy fix it and forget it crockpot meal bursting with flavor!Print Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts uncooked
- 15 ounce can corn
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 10 ounce jar salsa
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 ounce jar of green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups water
- 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
- 2 TBL taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Line a crockpot with chicken breasts.
- Place all other ingredients on top of chicken and stir gently to combine. Cook in your slow cooker on low, for 8 hours.
- 1 hour before serving, remove the bay leaf and toss. Remove the chicken breast and shred. Return shredded chicken to crock pot and let it cook for remaining hour. Serve with baked tortilla chips on the side.
- For my chips, I bake 1 corn tortilla from Trader Joe's. Bake on 425 for 6-8 minutes. See video below!You could also use a few Tostados Baked Tortilla Chips or half of a Toasted Joseph Lavash Bread.
If you're doing the Trim Healthy Mama plan, this is an E recipe. Satisfying Carbs. For a THM Crossover my family enjoys theirs topped with cheese and sour cream.