Coffee Ice Cream
My favorite ice cream shop flavor of ice cream is anything with coffee! Here's my version. Take it to another level by topping it with my caramel sauce. It's amazing! If you like mocha chip, add sugar free chocolate chips!Print Pin Rate
- 2 QT ice cream maker see recipe instructions on cream quantity
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream 2 cups, if using 2 QT ice cream maker
- 1 cup of brewed coffee cooled, I use cold brew
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup THM Gentle Sweet with Xylitol will keep your ice cream scoopable from the freezer
- 1 1/2 TBL Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 TBL Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 tsp pure Mexican vanilla
- 1/8 tsp mineral salt
- 1 TBL vegetable glycerin
- 1/2 tsp THM gluccie
- FIRST Blend everything in the blender EXCEPT the gluccie.
- While blender is running on lowest setting add your gluccie. Mix for another 30 seconds.
- Turn your counter top ice cream maker on, and pour the mixture into it.
- Spin 20-25 minutes in countertop ice cream maker.
- While ice cream is spinning make your caramel sauce. See link above for recipe. Cool.
- Pour caramel sauce over the ice cream. Swirl. Be careful to not mix it in completely. You want to keep veins of caramel visible.
Storage of your ice cream
- Portion into 5.5 oz portion cups for easy grab and go. Or store in a shallow container for easy thawing. Using THM Gentle Sweet with Xylitol will help keep it soft in the freezer.
- Add THM Chocolate Chips for Mocha Chip
- Or add my Oreo Crumbs