Home Run Skinny Chocolate
My THM inspiration, Toni Perdew, created this wonderful Trim Healthy Mama Skinny Chocolate recipe. I was not a fan of the original skinny chocolate. If the original skinny chocolate recipe is too bitter or too dark for you, you need to give this recipe a try! I love it. I double the recipe each time I make this because it freezes well! This can be used on the Trim Healthy Mama plan as a Deep S. If you're feeling intimidated about making skinny chocolate, check out my YouTube video below, and you'll see how easy it is!Print Pin Rate
- Blend all of the above in a blender or stir by hand. Pour into molds or onto a plate. Then freeze or refrigerate to solidify.
Coach Becky's style
- I melt the chocolate bar, coconut oil, and butter in a double boiler. Stir. Whisk in all of the other ingredients.
- Transfer to a silicone measuring cup to fill molds. See links above in the "Equipment" section and see video below.
To make skinny Treeces
- Pour chocolate into your candy cup mold or papers. Reserve space for a thin layer of skinny peanut butter.
- Move to the freezer to harden the chocolate layer. 10 minutes
- Make the skinny peanut butter part from the Treeces recipe. Find the recipe in the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook. page 378. Read the tip in the "notes" section using peanut flour only. The ingredients are, peanut flour, coconut oil, sweetener, and salt. If you don't need them to be "skinny" you may use no sugar added peanut butter as the recipe reads! Your candy will still be THM S. Just not a Deep S.
- Pour skinny peanut butter layer above the chocolate. Move to the freezer to harden.
On the THM plan you can have 1/16th of the recipe for Deep S. Toni says she has used powdered cocoa in place of the unsweetened baking bars too. But it is creamier using the unsweetened chocolate bars. For those of you looking for a recipe with fewer ingredients, she also has a nailhead skinny chocolate recipe floating around on Pinterest. It's the original THM skinny chocolate recipe, with the addition of 1 1/2 TBL of collagen, 1 tsp sunflower lecithin, and a 1" section of stick butter. 1 TBL of peanut flour is allowed in Deep S. Don't have the blender? Check out this video HERE using the double boiler.