"Oreo Cookie" Ice Cream Cake
Jennifer Valentine brought this yummy ice cream cake to my THM birthday party! It is delicious! She says, "This is a recipe that I was excited to THMify! I grew up eating, then making this dessert with all the bad for you ingredients including a full pack of oreos and a tub of cool-whip. It was one of the first things I made my husband to eat when we were in college. I even used it as my "demonstration" speech for speech class in college! So, when it dawned on me that I had all the healthy recipes from various people/places to recreated this dessert I was so excited to try it! I was happy to share it with everyone that made it to Becky's party and am so glad you all enjoyed it!"Print Pin Rate
- Mix all ingredients for whipped cream together until just stiff peaks.
- To assemble cake, using a 9x13 pan or a springform pan
- Press cookie crumbs into pan. Reserve some to mix into ice cream (if you want) and to sprinkle on top of cake.
- Put freshly made ice cream, from ice cream maker, onto crust. Mix in cookie crumbs if you want, or you can just leave it as vanilla ice cream.
- Put pan in freezer. Let ice cream harden a bit before putting hot fudge layer on.
- Add Hot Fudge on top of ice cream layer. (Make sure it's not too hot or it will melt the ice cream!) Spread evenly as best you can.
- Sprinkle layer of roasted peanuts, Spanish peanuts or whatever kind of nuts you would like, on top of Hot Fudge.
- Spread layer of whipped cream over entire top of cake.
- Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Freeze at least overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
(I've made this in both a 9x13 pan as well as a springform pan.) On the Trim Healthy Mama plan this recipe is a S.