Salted Caramel Ice Cream
This one is for the salted caramel lovers! Click on any of the ingredients or equipment below in red in the recipe to view product or shop with my affiliate links. To see all of my recommended items click HERE.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 3 egg yolks optional
- 1/2 cup Gentle Sweet with Xylitol will keep your ice cream scoopable from the freezer
- 2 tsp THM Caramel Burst Extract
- 1 tsp pure Mexican vanilla
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable glycerin
- 1/2 tsp THM gluccie
Caramel Ice Cream
- FIRST Blend everything EXCEPT the gluccie, in the blender for 30 seconds. (I use a Vitamix)
- While blender is running on lowest setting add your gluccie. Mix for another 30 seconds.
- Turn your counter top ice cream maker on and pour mixture in to it.
- Spin 20-25 minutes in countertop ice cream maker.
- Transfer to a 9x13 pan with lid. Set in freezer to set up a bit.
- While your ice cream is churning, make the caramel sauce. On medium low heat melt together the butter, sweetener, and molasses. Stirring constantly until it bubbles for a bit.
- Reduce heat to low, and while still stirring, add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, caramel extract, and salt.
- Once well combined shake a bit of xanthan gum into it. Continue to whisk. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Let it cool completely.
Drizzle the COOLED caramel on the caramel ice cream. Stir, but don't mix in completely. See video below.
Storage of your ice cream
- Portion into 5.5 oz portion cups for easy grab and go. Or store in a shallow container for easy thawing. But if you use THM Gentle Sweet with Xylitol it will stay soft in the freezer.
If you use THM Gentle Sweet with Xylitol it will stay soft and scoopable from the freezer. If you are using a different brand of caramel extract you may need to adjust the amount. On the THM Plan this recipe is a THM S. I prefer the Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker. Click on any of the ingredients or equipment above in the recipe to shop with my affiliate links. To see all of my recommended items click HERE. Don't know which ice cream maker to purchase? You can view my video of my Ice Cream Maker Review HERE!