Strawberry Ice Cream
If you love my vanilla ice cream recipe, you'll love this refreshing strawberry ice cream! This is the creamy S version. If you're looking for the FP version or the Dairy Free version see the notes below.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 11 5 oz servings
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Daisy
- 1/2 cup Gentle Sweet with Xylitol, will keep your ice cream scoopable from the freezer
- 2 tsp pure Mexican vanilla
- 1/8 tsp mineral salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable glycerin
- 1/2 tsp THM gluccie
- 2 cups Strawberries fresh or frozen
- FIRST Blend everything EXCEPT the Strawberries and gluccie, in the blender for 30 seconds. (I use a Vitamix)
- Add the strawberries. Pulse the blender a few times if you want chunks of strawberries. Otherwise blend strawberries.
- While blender is running on lowest setting add your gluccie. Mix for another 30 seconds.
- Turn your counter top ice cream maker on and pour mixture in to it.
- Spin 20-25 minutes in countertop ice cream maker.
- Your 2 Quart Ice cream maker will be really full with the addition of your strawberries in the recipe, compared to the plain vanilla, but it fits!
Storage of your ice cream
- Portion into 5.5 oz portion cups for easy grab and go. Or store in a shallow container for easy thawing. But if you use THM Gentle Sweet with Xylitol it will stay soft and scoopable in the freezer.
If you're looking for the FP or Dairy Free version of strawberry ice cream see the note below.
On the THM plan this is a S recipe.
Serve immediately OR freeze the whole thing in a shallow container.
Alternative Storage: portion out & freeze in 5.5 oz cups for easy grab n go.
Need a FP version of strawberry ice cream?
See video above for S & FP comparison
PLEASE NOTE: The FP version will not be as creamy as the S version and will need time to soften after taking it out of the freezer. Or you can nuke it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. My family does not care for the FP version, however sometimes mama needs to lighten things up.
2 cups almond milk
1 cup 2% Daisy cottage cheese
1/2 cup gentle sweet
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 TBL vegetable glycerin
Blend and add 1/2 teaspoon gluccie.
Add 1-2 cups strawberries. Pulse. Churn for 20 - 25 minutes in your ice cream maker.
Serving Size = 1 cup
Need a Dairy Free version of strawberry ice cream? My friend Edress gives this tip: Use the FP recipe here and swap out the cottage cheese to a non-dairy cream cheese, and wa-la a non-dairy ice cream! No longer a FP, but a delicious S. It was fabulous! The word from my eleven-year-old granddaughter was, “Grandma, this is the BEST ice cream I’ve ever eaten!
If you don't know which ice cream maker to purchase you can view my video of my Ice Cream Maker Review HERE!